AgDataGrid Problems

Dec 31, 2008 at 4:49 AM
I'm having an issue with the AgDataGrid widget.  I am receiving this error:

Error:  Unhandled Error in Silverlight 2 Application
 Code: 2104
 Category: InitializeError
 Message: Could not download the Silverlight application.  Check web server settings.

All other widgets seems to be working as expected.  I noticed the you mention it works with the December 2008 release, but I only have the November release available for AgDataGrid.

Any ideas?

Ambers
Coordinator
Dec 31, 2008 at 8:22 AM
Edited Dec 31, 2008 at 8:27 AM
You need the release 8.2.4 of AgDataGrid, I've made a mistake in versioning.

If it's your version and you downloaded it in another folder than default installation, Try to rebind the reference in visual studio :

- go in the "AgDatagrid" project of the solution
- go in the Reference node
- delete the reference to devExpress.agdatagrid.v.8.2.dll
- right click on reference > add reference
- choose browse and select your downloaded version of agdatagrid
- build the entire solution and test it

You also need the last version of the silverlight 2 sdk i think

regards

Dec 31, 2008 at 9:45 AM
Edited Dec 31, 2008 at 9:47 AM
I'm not sure if it was just for me, but the 8.2.4 release of AgDataGrid is installing as C:\Program Files\Developer Express\Free Controls for Silverlight.

The names available for download have changed somewhat as well:

AgDataGrid 8.2.3 - Beta 3
      AgDataGrid 8.2.2 - Beta 2
      AgDataGrid 8.2.1 - Beta 1
      Free Silverlight Controls 8.2.4
Dec 31, 2008 at 5:20 PM
Just confirmed with the nice folks at Developers Express that "the Free AgMenu Suite, the AgDataGrid and AgMenu are now part of the Free Silverlight Controls installation."
Jan 3, 2009 at 2:34 AM
I still don't have it working, but I did notice that there is no longer a AgDataGrid.xap file in the xapfiles directory.  I tried using the one from the previuos version but it errored out saying that it was built with beta Silverlight.
Coordinator
Jan 3, 2009 at 7:43 AM
If the .xap isn't in the xapfiles directory, that's because you didn't build the AgDatagrid project in the source. What happens when you build this project in visual studio ? (normally the xapfiles appears in the dropthings directory)
Jan 3, 2009 at 9:08 PM
Edited Jan 3, 2009 at 9:19 PM
I found the .xap file.  When I built it the file was put in C:\PoshBoard_Sources_0.3.5\AgDataGrid\Bin\Release.  I moved it over to the xapfile directory and all is well now.   Thanks again.